How to update your navigation system
Update your Navigation system for vehicles from 2021
Here we show you step by step how to download manually the new map material for your Navi System of vehicles from 2021 and import it into the navigation system.
Please note that the update is only performed with the infotainment system switched on. When the Infotainment system is switched off, the installation process is interrupted and resumes automatically when the system is switched on again.
Follow the steps below or download our step-by-step guideline.
Update your Navigation system for vehicles from 2018 to 2021
1. You need the SD card with the previous map data from your navigation system. The SD card is inserted in SD card slot 2 at the factory on the Navi System 6P0. On the Navi System Plus, you can use any 32GB or 64GB SD card.
2. To ensure trouble-free reproduction of the data, only the navigation data should be stored on the SD card.
3. If you use the Windows operating system, you’ll need a file extractor program, such as 7-Zip. This program can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website. If using a different operating system, you’ll need a program for extracting the downloaded files that supports the .zip file format.
4. The map material may take up over 25 GB of memory, meaning you must have at least this much space free on your computer’s hard drive. Your computer’s hard drive must be NTFS-formatted to handle such large files. This is the standard system used on newer computers. If you have an older computer, check the hard drive formatting by right-clicking on the hard drive icon in the Explorer and selecting “Properties”.
Which version do I currently have installed, and which version is available as an update?
You can check the current version of your map data in your Navi System Sat Nav by pressing the “MENU” button. In the display, confirm the option “Setup” > “System information”.
1. To do this, remove the SD card with the map data from slot 2 of your Navi System 6P0 or your own 32GB or 64GB SD card and insert it in your computer’s SD card slot or a connected SD card reader.
2. Create a folder on your computer for storing the backup copy of the map data.
3. Copy all data from the SD card to the folder you just created on your computer.
Downloading the new data
1. Visit the download website, where the latest data is available to download. You have the option of downloading the data in a single file. Depending on the speed of your internet connection, the download may take well over 8 hours. All files are compressed in the .zip format.
2. Download all of the files for the new version and save them together in a new folder (e.g., “Map Update”) on your computer.
3. Slide the switch on the SD card into the “Unlock” position and insert the SD card into your computer’s SD card slot or external card reader.
4. Delete all data on the SD card or reformat the card. The procedure for doing this depends on the operating system: in Windows, navigate to the SD card drive, right-click on it and select “Format”. For other operating systems, please follow the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Open the first file in the folder on your computer with the downloaded data (extension.zip.001).
6. Extract the files to the SD card. The files must be stored directly in the root directory of your SD memory card, they may not be stored in a subdirectory.
7. Once extraction is complete, remove the SD card from your computer or the card reader. Now slide the switch on the SD card down again into the “Lock” position.
Importing the data into the navigation system
1. Place the SD card back into slot 2 of your Navi System.
2. The updated navigation maps will become available as soon as the system recognises the reinserted SD card.
3. If you have a Navi System Plus install the new Navi Database.
Because the navigation data is stored on the SD card which remains in the vehicle, the card may be subjected to extreme environmental conditions. To ensure that the navigation system keeps functioning correctly, your Navi System will only accept SEAT-approved SD cards. If your original card is lost or damaged, you can obtain a replacement from your local SEAT service partner.
MapCare is not available for UK vehicles. Please note that the only way to update the Sat Nav is through the purchase of an SD card from an authorised dealership.